2011-05-02

And A Hop to Finish


It's a wrap, people.

Despite my whining, I've enjoyed this challenge. It was definitely challenging, but then if it wasn't they'd call in an 'Easy' not a 'Challenge'.

I met some great people and discovered some awesome blogs and I only hope I can keep up with all of them. I've also gained so many new followers! Look at them all! Now I'm going to have to start posting on a regular basis so they'll keep coming back, which was part of the point of the whole thing for me. Not so much the followers (although I love you all!) but the posting on a regular basis.

My other blog has a five day a week posting schedule and I'd like to work something like that out for here. NOT five days a week, but maybe three . . . One day will be kind of random, one day will be a series on grammar, and I'm thinking of starting a serialized novel (in draft format) on Wednesdays. Not this Wednesday - it's going to need a little planning first.

I don't know about you, but I need a couple of days of rest and then I need to start catching up on some of the regular blogs I visit and, more importantly, my other writing. I'm about halfway through the first draft of a novel and I'm editing two more - and I really didn't do much with any of them during April.

Would I do the Challenge again? You betcha! But next time I'll probably pick an easier theme than the craft of writing. Maybe something like a haiku each day . . .


6 comments:

E.J. Wesley said...

Congrats on finishing CR! This was without a doubt one of the more difficult things I've attempted while blogging. Met tons of great folks, though, and totally worth it. Hope to see you around!

EJ

Ella said...

Congrats on crossing the finish line!
It was a challenge, but so worth it~
I will stop by again, after a much needed rest!

J.L. Campbell said...

It became more of a challenge each day to post, but I did it. Unfortunately, there will be no rest for me as I have to get back to everything else I wasn't doing during April.

K.C. Woolf said...

Sounds like you're busy! :-)

I'm looking forward to the series on grammar, the novel and the other posts. See you around! :-)

Stephen Tremp said...

Congrats! on finishing the A to Z Event. I missed stopping by during the event. Its good to meet you now. I'm already looking forward to next year. Have a great week.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you enjoyed the Challenge! Themes are tricky, but I'm glad I had one this year. Last year my Q was Q*Bert. Yeah, lame!