2011-05-05

Cinco de Mayo

I'm hoping to have some kind of posting schedule cobbled together for this blog by next week, but in the meantime I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Cinco de Mayo! For those of you who aren't aware of it, Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday that celebrates the Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

May is a bittersweet month for me. My parents were married in May, and they both died in May. I like to think they planned it that way, but maybe that's just the romantic in me. I've been without them now longer than I was with them, but I still like to think of May as their month.

My mother was from the Maritimes and I suspect it's from her I inherited my love of Celtic music. I'd like to share a few of my favourite songs with you. I think she would have liked them too. :-)

Celtic Woman – the Voice



Mary Mclaughlin – Yundah



Rankin Family – Fare Thee Well Love

2 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

Aw, bless! It's probably where you got the romance as well... (((HUGS))) If you ever need a mommy, I'll let you borrow mine.

Sarah Mäkelä said...

Thank you for the award! I hope you had a Happy Cinco de Mayo too. =)