2011-06-20

Rant About Being Rantless

I have been thinking about this post all week and I’ve been coming up empty every time I open a new Word doc to work on it.

I have nothing to rant about.

Seriously!

I really wanted to rant about dreams or day-dreams or something along those lines so I could use the Ozzie Osbourne video for Dreamer, but after spending a couple of hours on it and getting no where, I decided to give up. But I’m still using the video, ‘cause it’s cool.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like life is going so well for me that I have nothing at all to rant about, I’ve got plenty. Trust me. But it’s all pretty much the same old, same old, boring stuff – money (or lack thereof), bills, stupid drivers who can’t drive, jerks at Wal-Mart who steal your parking place – that kind of thing.

I think part of my rantless state is due to not spending a lot of time on the internet lately. I get most of my news from the ‘net, and last week I made a conscientious effort to limit my surfing. It’s surprising the amount of writing a person can get done when they stop wasting so much time on the internet. In fact, I got five out of my eight blog posts done ahead of time.

This was not one of them. ;-)

I think I’m going to have to start a rant list. You know, jot down all the things that tick me off during the week so I have a whole list of things to rant about. Like the stupid traffic circles the town installed that no one appears to know how to use despite the fact that brochures were sent out and there’s lots of signs showing who has the right of way. I can’t wait to see what happens on the Canada Day weekend with the traffic – that street is notoriously bad and the traffic circles are only going to make it worse.

Thus ends my rantless rant. Take it away, Ozzie!

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

LOL - And yet you still managed a rant about round-abouts (I assume those are the traffic circles...they've been installing them here too, and I avoid them like the plague. What's wrong with a normal old stoplight, anyways?), so good job there.

Amazing how much can be done without the shiny distraction of the 'net. Someone should write a book about that... ;-)

Thanks for Ozzie!

Taryn Tyler said...

Alas clever, refreshing rants can be hard to come by. Goodt turning you la job ack of rant into a rant of its own :D