2011-07-25

Why Some People Shouldn’t Be Allowed to Have Kids

There are a lot of good parents out there, but there are a lot of really bad parents as well. I’m not talking about the psycho mothers in the malls who use their baby strollers (with babies inside) as battering rams to plough their way through the crowds; or the insane parents who take their kids into Toys ‘R Us; or even the parents who load their kids with pop and candy and then wonder why they’re bouncing off the walls. I’m talking about people who are seriously lacking in parenting skills.

Here are a few incidents to illustrate what I’m talking about:

In merry old England we have a three-year-old child at a rehab centre being treated for alcoholism. Alcoholism, in a three-year-old! Can’t afford milk? No problem, just fill your toddler’s bottle with booze.

“The unnamed toddler, from the West Midlands, was given alcohol regularly for more than six months. Experts say the child would have suffered terrible withdrawal symptoms including shakes and mood swings. There are also fears the youngster may have brain damage.”

Read the full story HERE.

In Jakarta, Indonesia we have a two-year-old chain smoker. Whatever would possess someone to give their child a cigarette in the first place? It just boggles the mind.

“His father gave him his first smoke when he was just 18 months old. The smoking toddler was witnessed by a reporter who recently visited his home in the fishing village of Musi Banyuasin, in Indonesia's South Sumatra province. "I'm not worried about his health, he looks healthy," shrugged the boy's father Mohammad Rizal. "He cries and throws tantrums when we don't let him smoke. He's addicted."”

Read the full story HERE.

Here in Canada, on June 29th, a woman in Toronto got into an fight on a public transit streetcar, and proceeded to use her three-year-old child to hit the other woman. I am not kidding. She used her child as a weapon.

"She gets into an altercation with a [woman] on the streetcar and then she uses her child and takes her child and starts hitting the woman with her child," said Toronto police Const. Tony Vella.

Read the full story HERE.

And most recently, a couple left their one-month old baby locked in the car in a Home Depot parking lot while they went shopping. It was a sunny afternoon, and they didn’t even leave a window cracked open. You wouldn’t leave your dog in the car, why on earth would you leave your one-month-old baby in the car?

“The parents, who was[sic] inside the store at the time, claims they were only in the store for "a minute or two," but officials believe the baby may have been in the car for almost an hour.”

Read the full story HERE.

What do these people all have in common? They’re idiots! And they shouldn’t be allowed to have children.

2 comments:

Genie of the Shell said...

Ugh! As a new mom, these stories give me heart palpitations. I have nightmares that I've set my baby down somewhere and can't find her, or that I turn my back for a second and then find her drowning in a bucket or something.

I think I'm like most new moms--even when my baby is safely napping in her cradle, I have to check on her every few minutes to make sure she's safe and comfortable.

My emotional response to the above stories is a little different, though, from "some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids." I don't think anyone has children with the conscious intent to abuse them. I think, what terrible thing is wrong with these people that they could possibly make that mistake? Poor education, mental illness? My heart hurts for all the people in the world who are so damaged or sick or whatever that they could hurt their own children like that.

Bish Denham said...

People like that need to be removed from the gene pool.