2012-05-18

Passion For Poetry

Here’s another golden oldie from my dark and dusty vault. I think I was around sixteen when I wrote this, but its sentiment (I feel) is timeless.


Friendship

If you find you’re feeling blue
I will try and comfort you.
If you’ve had a real bad day
I’ll know exactly what to say.
And any time that I am down
You will always come around,
You will help me see the light
It wouldn’t matter, day or night.
You’re my friend and I am yours
Together we’ve found all the cures
To all problems great and small
Together we can conquer all.

We’ve stuck together all these years
And haven’t yet shed all our tears.
We’ve laughed and cried, stayed up all night,
All sorts of prank pulled, left and right.
Your smile could cheer a cloudy day
And I will chase your tears away.
We have been, through thin and thick,
Friends, right to the very quick.
You’re my friend and I am yours
Together we’ve found all the cures
To all problems great and small
Together we can conquer all.

It sometimes makes me very say
To think of all the fun we’ve had.
Can you tell me once again,
How long those good times can remain?
They say that lovers come and go
But good friends will always show.
They stick together for all time,
With a friendship, yours and mine.
You’re my friend and I am yours
Together we’ve found all the cures
To all problems great and small
Together we can conquer all.

The only thing I’ve left to say,
Though you’re not here with me today,
Where ‘ere you are, you’ll be my friend,
The very best, until the end.
Time can’t erase the friends like you
And we’ve got so much left to do –
Hills to climb and jokes to play,
We’ve yet to make the perfect day.
You’re my friend and I am yours
Together we’ve found all the cures
To all problems great and small
Together we can conquer all.

2 comments:

E.J. Wesley said...

Beautiful words from a 16 year old you. :)

C R Ward said...

Thank you E.J.! :-)