2012-10-02

I'll Be Yours For Christmas
by Samantha Hunter

From the time they were kids and neighbors, Reece Winston tugged Abby Harper's pigtails and tormented her. But when Abby--now the sole owner of her parents' vineyard--sees Reece Winston again after years apart, she's unexpectedly struck by the need to play a much more adult kind of game....

Then a freak accident forces her to stay with Reece, and Abby decides that what she "really" wants for Christmas is Reece--perhaps wrapped with a red bow. But as Abby and Reece explore their naughty lists, they begin to realize that nothing is quite as easy as it seems!



I actually won this book. Samantha held a give-away on Facebook where the first two people to reply to her post with the names of their favourite summer flowers would win a book. I was number two, and this was the book I won. Gotta love Facebook. You also have to love generous authors who don't mind the horrendous postage costs to send a book to Canada. :-)

As you can see by the cover, this is actually a two-for-one book, but I'm only going to review I'll Be Yours For Christmas today and save Private Parts for next week. This was back at the beginning of the summer, and I think the reason I missed reviewing it was because I read it so fast. It's one of those books that you just don't want to put down.

I've read a few of Ms. Hunter's books now, and what always impresses me are the vivid characters and how well they interact together. This book was no exception. The heat between Abby and Reese positively sizzles every time their near each other. They both have compelling reason to stay apart, but when they're forced by circumstances to share living space, the outcome is pretty much inevitable.

But lest you think it's all smooth sailing from there, think again. There are minor things that interrupt their time together, and major stumbling blocks that threaten to keep them apart permanently. And if you want to find out what they are, you'll have to get your own copy to read. But I promise you won't regret it.

You can get the single titled version of this book from Amazon for $3.99. Unfortunately I was unable to find a listing for the Mills & Boon double book in the U.S./Canada Amazon, only in the U.K. But if you do live in the U.K., you can find it HERE.

No comments: