2010-06-21

Happy Solstice

Hello, sad, neglected blog followers. Time to start paying attention to you again.

I've been thinking (yes, I know, a dangerous occupation) and I realize one of the reasons my Random Thoughts blog has more posts is because it has a schedule. You can check out this blog HERE. The schedule is: Mondays are goals and accomplishments; Tuesdays are something non-ficitional (currently I'm doing a series on the roots of fairy tales); Wednesdays feature a Hump Day Hunk; Thursdays are Passion for Poetry, with a new form each week; and Fridays have a chapter from my ongoing serial.

So, with that in mind, I'd like to do something a little different here. Mondays I'm going to post a prompt; it might be in words, it might be a picture, but I want you to look at it and think about it and then write a flash piece about it (a flash is anything under 1,000 words). I will post my take on the prompt on Friday and I invite you all to either post your piece in the comments or email it to me at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll post it on the blog.

And to break up the week a little, on Wednesdays I'm going to start posting some pearls of wisdom about the craft of writing. This week's post will be about Flash Fiction. :-)

So, without further ado, here's your prompt for this week:



I found this picture on the BBC Wiltshire website. It was taken at sunrise over Stonehenge on the Summer Solstice. What intrigued me was the bubble.

2 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

Look on the bright side - it's going to get darker for the next 6 months!

C R Ward said...

Always the optimist, aren't you? :-p