2010-08-24

30 Days of Writing Questions – Day 5

5. By age, who is your youngest character? Oldest? How about “youngest” and “oldest” in terms of when you created them?

I don’t generally write about kids or even teenagers, for that matter. However, in a WIP I started called Changeling, I do write about the main characters as young teenagers in a prologue. It’s a very touching goodbye scene. :-)

One of my very first short stories is told by an extremely old woman, and she starts it from when she was a child. So I guess that one could cover both youngest and oldest character.

In terms of when I created them . . .

Oldest, hmm. I think I’d have to go with the character from Day 4. She’s the first there’s any record of. Though the plot she was part of was pretty sad, she was actually a very strong character.

As for youngest, I really couldn’t say. I’ve got three WIP on the go right now and I’ve always got time to jot down a new idea, so I’ve always got new characters in the back of my mind. Sometimes I don’t even have an idea, just a character, so I’ll jot them down as well.

Isn’t that the way all writers work? :-)

If you'd like to take part, or just see the whole list of questions, go HERE.

No comments: