2010-08-20

How Do I Procrastinate . . .

Let me count the ways . . .

My latest procrastination today was Facebook. But in this case it was actually a good thing. It gave me a chance to check out some of the blogs I follow via Facebook Networked Blogs and I found something really cool. It’s the 30 Days of Writing meme.

As you know, I’ve been dithering around with this blog, trying to figure out where it’s going, what I’m doing with it . . . so for the next thirty days, I’m going to do the 30 Days of Writing, where you answer one question a day about your writing. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?

If anyone else would like to participate, I’ll post all 30 questions in a separate post, which you will find HERE. Or you can just follow the link to J. Koyanagi’s site, which is where I got these from.

Day One Question:
Tell us about your favourite writing project/universe that you’ve worked with and why.


My favourite universe to date is probably where the Myste resides. It isn’t just a setting, it’s almost like a character itself because the characters know so little about it, yet they’re exploring it anyway.

It can be dangerous and unpredictable, and no one really knows what the source is. Is it sentient? Is it magical? Is it created by technology? They’re never really going to know for sure, so it’s lots of fun to throw out hints that can be taken whichever way the characters want.

I have one full draft written about the Myste, a sequel with about 20k so far, and ideas for two more in the series. As a setting, the Myste has a lot of potential.

No comments: