2011-04-24

Home Stretch

Once again I’d like to thank everyone who’s become a follower and/or commented on my blog. You guys are the best! I’d also like to apologize if I haven’t got to your blog yet, but trust me, I’m working on it!

Is anyone besides me insanely happy that we’re on the home stretch for the A-Z Challenge? This blog usually gets only sporadic posts (which is why I used it for the challenge in the first place) so posting here six days a week, seven if you count my Sunday posts, is trying in itself. But then I chose the craft of writing as my theme . . .

I think I had a mental hiccup or something (also known as a brain fart) when I picked my theme. There’s nothing wrong with a series on the craft of writing, but this isn’t a weekly series, it’s every day! It’s just a little time consuming (insert sarcasm emoticon here). And on top of that I have five posts a week for my other blog, various other writing/editing projects, and let’s not forget reading/commenting on all those other lovely blogs out there.

One might wonder if it’s so time consuming, why I’ve stuck with it. Aside from picking up a whole bunch of wonderful new followers, and a long list of blogs to follow, I’ve picked up a few ideas as well. Some of these ideas have to do with restructuring my blog (don’t worry, nothing drastic), some of them have to do with coming up with a post schedule to ensure I keep posting at least three days a week, and some of these ideas have to do with writing in general.

Despite my whining, I’ve really enjoyed this challenge. How about you? How much (or how little) have you enjoyed this challenge? Think you’ll do it again?

Okay, and now we have the answers to yesterday’s quiz on the original titles of a few famous books:

1. First Impressions became:
Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austin
2. The Kingdom by the Sea became:
Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov
3. Tomorrow is Another Day became:
Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
4. Jaws of Death became:
Jaws, by Peter Benchley
5. Trimalchio on West Egg became:
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Strangers from Within became:
Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
7. At This Point In Time became:
All the President’s Men, by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
8. Cancer became:
Dreamcatcher, by Stephen King
9. Something That Happened became:
Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
10. All’s Well That Ends Well became:
War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy

4 comments:

Luanne G. Smith said...

Strangely, I'm going to miss the challenge. I have no idea what I'll write about after April 30th. :(

K.C. Woolf said...

I'm happy we're entering the last week of the challenge, but I must say I like the support and camaraderie.

Either way, I've got to know a bunch of great blogs and great people, so I've got my list of interesting blogs lined up to continue visiting after this month!

Southpaw said...

L.G. I'm not going to miss it either. LOL

It was fun though.This week will be the most interesting 'cause of the letters. I know with my theme it was tough finding X and Y, but I did it.

I did find some great new blogs and for that I'm happy.

Sue said...

I'm looking forward to having a less grueling schedule. I've learnt what not to do (ie decide to enter both blogs the night before the start!) It's been rewarding meeting so many interesting new bloggers and sharing and connecting. Definitely worthwhile. Sue@JumpingAground (Alliteration & drabbles)
Sue@traverselife(Workplace bullying)