2011-05-02

Awards

I have been very remiss in acknowledging the wonderful awards I’ve received during the course of the A-Z Challenge. So, I’m here tonight to make up for it.

First up is the I Survived the A to Z Blogging Challenge Award, courtesy of Elizabeth Mueller of the Author Elizabeth Mueller blog.


Next, I’ve twice proven that I’m a Science Fiction geek of the finest kind by twice answering the most questions correctly on the Friday Quiz over at Scifi Media. Test your skills every Friday. It’s super fun and you, too, can win a No Prize Award. :-)


I’ve also won the Versatile Blogger Award from Tara Tyler over at Tara Tyler Talks


And the Stylish Blogger Award from Murugi Angela Njehia at Her World


Both of these awards require that you
1. Link back to the awarder (which I’ve done above)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award this to 10-15 newly discovered bloggers
4. Tell said bloggers they have an award waiting.

I’m going to cheat a little here and combine the two. I’m only listing my 7 things once and if you’re on my list here you may take your choice of which award you’d like – or both even! :-)

My Seven Things:
1. My dream is to live in a cabin in the woods, or even better on an island.
2. I am a night owl. My favourite job was working the night shift (11:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.) which gave me the excuse to sleep all day.
3. I can take the cold easier than I can take the heat – I guess that makes me a true Canadian. :-)
4. I’m a bookaholic; I have 14 bookcases and if I had any more room I’d have more.
5. The most pets I’ve had at any one time are: five cats, three rats, and a dog. And yes, they all got along fine.
6. I have an office supply fetish – I have more pens, note pads and paper than a normal person could use in a lifetime.
7. I love wind chimes and have them all over my house. It drives my family nuts. :-)
I’d like to mention here that I’m not trying to slight the friends who’ve been with me for a while, but because I received these awards during the challenge I thought it was only fair to pass them on to new friends I’ve discovered through the challenge.

Bish Denham who also has a Random Thoughts blog.
Jeffrey Pierce from Virtual Coffee
Ttofee at Ttofee for Your Thoughts
Holly Ruggiero at Holly Ruggiero's POV
Steven Chapman at Steven Chapman (writer)
Sarah Makela from Sarah Makela Blog
Rachel Harrie of Rach Writes . . .
JL Dodge of JL Dodge Writes
Rae from Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Publication
Catherine Ensley from Words World and Wings
Katie O’Sullivan at Katie O'Sullivan

9 comments:

Nofretiri said...

Hard to believe that the challenge is over, isn't it? No more thinking what to post the next day! Somehow I'm going to miss it, somehow I'm also glad!

Oh, and congrats to your awards! :-)

Katie O'Sullivan said...

Congrats on all your shiny new awards - and Thank you so much for passing one along!

It's been great to find you thru A to Z and I look forward to keeping up with your future posts!

Southpaw said...

Oo, I bet the animals loved the wind chimes.;)

The best part of the challenge being over is getting a chance to get to know all the people I followed.

Thank you for the award.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the award!

Cathy said...

Hi! Thanks so much for the awards. I'll link back to you, and pass them on.

JL Dodge said...

WOW thank you for the awards...loved the challenge it was fun to meet so many great writers !
We love wind chimes too, in fact my husband and I have made a few of our own !
Love your blog ! thank you again !
ENJOY
JL&B

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your words - and thank you for passing one on! Much appreciated :)

graceunderpressure said...

shshshshshinnyyyyyy! Shiny award is shiny <3 lol
Good job girlfriend!

Rachael Harrie said...

Hey CR, congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to me :) Lovely learning more about you.

Hugs,

Rach