2010-05-10

Book-a-lishious Weekend

Hi. My name is Carol and I'm a book-a-holic.

What I am about to show you are the books that I acquired from my BFF over the weekend. This pile does not include the books I picked up at the annual church booksale the day before.



That's Taz checking out my stash. Now, you may think that a pile that size is a fair illustration of someone with a series book fetish. But I'm here to tell you, the above photo is just the tip of the iceburg.

I have fourteen bookcases throughout my house, all of them packed full. If I had any more space, I'd have more. I need more.

I ignore people that say they have a couple of books waiting to be read. I barely roll my eyes at those who whine about having a pile of books to read. If you have a shelf of books, you might get a sympathetic smile out of me. But to truly impress me, you'd have to beat my to-be-read-avalanche:






Yes, that's right, it includes that entire bookcase plus all the bags and boxes piled in front of it. And I'd like to point out that the top two shelves have double rows of books.

Is it any wonder I procrastinated against getting my book database started? :-)

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

Um, yeah.

I shall never complain about my TBR piles again (though I'm not about to put them on shelves either...around here, if it hasn't been read, it doesn't get shelf-space). ;-)

Happy reading! :-)

C R Ward said...

And yet I keep buying . . .

:-)