2009-11-14

Day . . . Um . . . Fourteen

Hmmm, looks like it's time for an update, wouldn't you say?

Despite my best efforts, I still seem to remain about 5,000 words behind in my NaNo. The frustrating part is that I know it's mostly my own fault. I've been letting other things steal my focus.

Like the television. Specifically: Bones, Eureka, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Eastwick . . . and let's not forget NCIS and House. Last year I seem to remember getting a lot of writing late at night during Star Trek movie marathons. Unfortunately, staying up late is not an option this year so when I write in the living room, I'm writing in prime time. Faeries and forensics just don't seem to blend well together. :-)

And my characters are proving to be a little more stubborn than I'd anticipated. They want to take their time getting to know each other. What's up with that? Last year if I started to fall short on words I just had my characters have sex. It's amazing how many pages a good sex scene can take. ;-)

Simon and Arianna, however, just won't co-operate. I thought that all faeries were a little, shall we say, permiscuous. Well I thought wrong, and Arianna was quick to let me know that there are different kinds of faeries and she's not one of those kind, well, except in dreams apparently.

The good news is that so far I've only had to skip over one scene that I've gotten stuck on. Just after Simon and Arianna meet she's showing him something or taking him somewhere and he has a brush with death. And I have no clue what this brush is. Poison? A fall? Snake bite? I have no clue. *sigh*

Okay, enough of the procrastinating. I've got a pot of coffee perking, Celtic music on the stereo, and the rest of the day ahead of me. Time to get some catching up done!

No comments: