2009-11-16

Saved By Sex!!

If you'll check the little NaNo widget on the right, you'll notice that I'm finally back on track word-wise. At least I was as of last night.

You know what this means, right? This means my characters finally started having s*e*x! In fact, once they finally got to it, they seemed to enjoy it quite a lot. :-)

All I can say is, they'd better enjoy it while they can. I have bad things in store for Arianna and this may not end well for the pair.

Speaking of pairs, I had about 500 words to go last night when suddenly Simon's friend Rafael decided to take on twins. Twins I tell you! It sure surprised the heck out of me. That boy must have a lot of stamina!

I've never written a three-some scene before. It was . . . interesting, to say the least. By mutual consent, the girls made it all about the man, so that made it a little easier. But I'll tell you, those nymphs sure are uninhibited!

I don't want you to get the impression that the story is all about the sex, it isn't. In fact, once I start editing I'll probably tone down or edit some of it out. I find too much sex can start to sound repetitious which equals boring. Yes, that's right. I said boring.

Sex should be a natural progression of the story, not just a filler because you don't know what else to do with the characters. Even though my characters are having sex they're learning about each other and growing closer, which will make it all the more heart-wrenching when I tear them apart.

*insert evil laughter here*

As for Rafael, he, too, is showing his character in the way he's willing to take on two women at once. We learn a few things about him that might be tucked away for future reference.

And as for the nymphs . . . it's just their nature. And it's been a long time since they've had man. For them it is all about the sex. :-)

2 comments:

Jamie D. said...

LOL - Nice, C...a threesome! Way to go!

I totally agree, sex can get boring if there's too much, to often. Sad, but true.

Still, sounds like that was way fun to write...and congrats on all those new words! :-)

C R Ward said...

Boy, I can remember when I first started writing and I felt uncomfortable with my characters even kissing. I've come a long way! ;-)