2009-09-17

Paintbrush

oneword

Today's word is: Paintbrush

I pick up a paintbrush and dip it in paint, then with broad strokes begin my painting. The colours swirl and dance as the scene unfolds. Only my paintbrush is a keyboard and my painting is a story.

Write Every Day

Today's topic: Frogs! Frogs everywhere!” she shrieked.

I wondered what kind of drugs she was on. The crazy woman came into the greenhouse from the parking lot, looking like she'd been through a war zone. Lanie and I looked at each other, silently mouthing "You deal with her" at each other.

Fortunately, Mr. Preston, the manager, was closest to the woman and before he could duck into his office she had a hold of his arm.

"It's an invasion! An invasion of frogs! It's like something out of a horror movie. You've got to do something about it!"

All this time Lanie and me were backing slowly towards the perennials house. You could hide a small army in there, Preston would never find us.

"Now ma'am, I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems. Why don't we--" his soothing voice was having no effect on her.

"You'll be sorry," she threatened. "When they take over the world you'll rue the day you didn't listen to me!"

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

Good luck with your writing! I've joined your blog as a follower!

C R Ward said...

Welcome Aubrie! It's always nice to see a new face. :-)